Queen Elizabeth II
Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, born 21st April 1926) is, and has been since 1952, Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and Head of the Commonwealth. In 2015, she surpassed the reign of her great-great-grandmother Victoria, and became the longest-reigning British head of state and the longest-reigning queen regnant in history.
16 things you need to know about The Queen
1. PINEAPPLES. She received many unusual gifts, including a variety of live animals. Most exotic were put at the London Zoo. She also received pineapples!
2. BLUE. It's her favourite colour. She hates beige.
3. HORSES. They are one of her hobbies, along with dogs and photography. She doesn't like art and books.
4. CROWD. To satisfy the greatest number of people who want to see it up close, she introduces the "real hike": she goes and greets.
5. DORGI. It is the name of a new breed of dogs born from a Corgi Elizabeth with a dachshund named Pipkin belonging to her sister, Princess Margaret.
6. FRENCH. He speaks fluent French and official visits in French-speaking countries need no interpreter.
7. GIN. She drinks it with a slice of lemon and lots of ice before meals.
8. HATERS. Even the Queen is not loved by everybody. "She is unbearable, cold, vain, with a personality of a schoolgirl" once said Lord Altrincham.
9. MOSQUE. She was the first British sovereign to visit a mosque in the UK.
10. GUESTS. She hosts more than 50,000 people a year at banquets, lunches, dinners, receptions and garden parties at Buckingham Palace.
11. POPE. In 1982 Pope John Paul II visited Britain. It was the first pope to do so in 450 years. Elizabeth received him at Buckingham Palace.
12. PORTRAITS. During her reign 129 official portraits were painted.
13. SCHOOL. She has never gone to school. Or rather, she has never attended lessons in class because she was educated by private tutors at home.
14. USA. During her reign there have been 12 US presidents... and 12 British Prime Ministers.
15. TUBE. She travelled on the London Underground for the first time in May 1939, accompanied by her governess Marion Crawford and her sister Princess Margaret.
16. STEERING WHEEL. She is the only person in the UK who can drive without a driving licence or a licence plate number on her car. Paparazzi surprised her here when she was driving her Range Rover.